At this week’s meeting, two officer presented how to write a cover letter and resume. This presentation included, do’s and and don’t, format of the resume and cover letter, and purpose of your application. To view this presentation click here.
To view this week’s prezi, click here.
This week officers introduced different summer program and internship opportunities to members and discussed its benefits. Additionally, each member took a career aptitude quiz in order to attain a vague idea of what careers match their personal interests. Here is the link to this week’s prezi.
Below is a compiled list of summer programs/internships divided by category:
- LBW – UPenn – https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/leadership-business-world/
- Leadership in the Business World (LBW) is an intensive summer program for a select group of rising high school seniors who want an introduction to a top-notch undergraduate business education and the opportunity to hone their leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- M&TSI – UPenn – http://www.upenn.edu/fisher/summer-mt
- The Management & Technology Summer Institute (M&TSI) is a rigorous and rewarding for-credit summer program for rising high school seniors and a select few rising high school juniors interested in exploring the integration of technological concepts and management principles.
- AdmitSee – https://www.admitsee.com/opportunities
- Possible business opportunities for High School students if you contact them.
- SES – Santa Clara University – http://www.scu.edu/engineering/about/ses.cfm
- This special summer experience is for current high school sophomores and juniors who are interested in exploring the field of engineering.
- GWC – Girls Who Code – http://girlswhocode.com/gwc-is-looking-for-awesome-interns/
- The lucky few will get an insider’s view into the day-to-day operations of our organization and will help implement programs in each market.
- BFOIT – Berkely – http://www.bfoit.org/
- BFOIT has partnered with the University of California Berkeley and the International Computer Science Institute to provide high school students with the opportunity to learn more about security and privacy in computing in a new 4-week summer program called CY-BEAR.
- Kaiser Permanente, El camino Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, etc.
- Mission Trips Abroad
- Healing Haiti, GVI High School Community Volunteering in Thailand, etc.
- Non-Profit Organizations
- West Valley Community Service, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, Giving Privilege, etc.
- Good Website: http://www.volunteermatch.org/
Other Internship & Program Lists:
Other Ways to Find Internships/Programs:
- Email Startups with a Resume & Cover Letter
- Pick a career, look up “High School Internships in the Bay Area + Chosen Career”